Our hotel Löwe is situated 150 m from the Monte Elmo lower cable car station in the skiing region Sesto Dolomites and the railway station Versciaco/San Candido with the PUNKA Service Centre. On your holiday in San Candido the Monte Elmo cable car takes you up the Monte Elmo skiing mountain with its connection to Croda Rossa. The PUNKA Service Centre houses a ski hire outlet for your holidays in San Candido, après ski, ticket booths and shops.
The Ski Val Pusteria express train takes you every 30 minutes to Perca (Plan de Corones) and from there by revolving chair lift up Plan de Corones.
During your summer holidays in San Candido the Drava cycle path San Candido - Lienz tempts you to a cycling excursion. Local mountain Monte Elmo is the mountain in Alta Pusteria with the most stunning views, offering beautiful panoramic vistas of the Dolomites.
Arrival by car:
Arrival by train:
- From Munich, Innsbruck and Verona to your holidays in San Candido: By express train to the international railway station Franzensfeste-Fortezza, then change to the Val Pusteria line which leaves every 30 minutes. Get off at Versciaco-San Candido.
- Via Lienz: By express train to Lienz, then on to San Candido. From there, we are happy to collect you.
- From Rome take the Frecciargento high speed train to Bolzano and then the regional train to Versciaco-San Candido. The railways station is only 150 m from our hotel.
Arrival by plane:
- From airports Munich, Bergamo, Verona, Venice and Milan Malpensa you reach Alta Pusteria with safe, convenient and comfortable airport transfers. more information
Be mobile during your holidays in San Candido
- Mobilcard Südtirol: Free travel on all regional trains and buses. The card is valid for 1, 3 or 7 days. more information
- museummobil Card: Free travel on all regional trains and buses and free entry to 80 museums. The card is valid for 1, 3 or 7 days. more information
- bikemobil Card: A combination of hire bike for 1 day of your choice and rail and bus for 1, 3 or 7 days. more information
- HOLIDAYPASS: The HOLIDAYPASS entitles you to the unrestricted use of the ski buses in the Val Pusteria, as well as all public regional buses and trains in South Tyrol.