Skiing holidays in San Candido: Welcome to wonderful, unique and panoramic holidays in South Tyrol! Our hotel Löwe Versciaco / San Candido is situated 150 m before the Monte Elmo lower cable car station in the skiing region Sesto Dolomites. If you don’t like walking during your skiing holiday in San Candido you can use our free hotel shuttle! You can buy the ski pass in the comfort of our hotel, where we also operate a ski hire
Our specials for your holiday in San Candido:
- Only 150 m to the lower cable car station Monte Elmo - skiing region Three Peaks
- The ski train to Plan de Corones starts only 150 m from the hotel
- Free ski shuttle to the Monte Elmo cable car
- 1 guided skiing day with the hotel manager every week
- Ski pass purchase from the hotel
- Ski hire from the hotel (at a cost)
- Lockable ski storage at the lower cable car station Monte Elmo - can be booked at the hotel (at a cost)
- Once a week night skiing on Baranci
- Joint tobogganing evening on Croda Rossa or Baranci
- We are happy to arrange ski training camps with guides followed by a video analysis for you on request!
The ski mountains Monte Elmo and Croda Rossa, which since the winter of 2014/15 have been connected by a ski and cable car link, together with Baranci, the ski area Val Comelico and the ski lifts at the Passo Monte Croce, Waldheim and Braies make up the skiing region Sesto Dolomites
with over 110 km of perfectly groomed pistes in the heart of the Dolomites. The skiing region is not overcrowded and offers fun in the snow in the most beautiful parts of the Dolomites UNESCO World Heritage. A special highlight for your skiing holidays in San Candido is the “Giro delle Cime“
. Children love the reindeer
and South Tyrol’s tallest family of snowmen
on Croda Rossa.
Wide skiing slopes offer plenty of space for snowboarders and carvers during their skiing holidays in San Candido. Experienced skiers can choose between large valley runs. The jewel in the crown is the spectacular Raut piste (3.8 km) - a black run from its middle section, which is also known as “Direttissima”, the most direct, because of its aggressive route to the Versciaco lower cable car station. “Ski chicks” and newbies in the snow take their first steps on skis at the level Wiesen and Raut lifts, supervised by qualified ski instructors.
Comprehensive access to over 200 km of pistes
Only 150 minutes from our hotel there is the Versciaco railway station. Take the Ski Pustertal Express train that runs every 30 minutes to Perca (Plan de Corones) to the revolving cable car up Plan de Corones with over 150 km of pistes. Our guests use this railway free of charge!
Important links for your skiing holiday in San Candido: